Kendra Montage

Friday, February 5, 2010

de-friending "friends"

Okay so what is the politically correct way to "de-friend" a friend?  And are there any real reasons to do so? I think typically people just take you off their friend list and hope that you don't notice, which let's be honest, unless you have like 300 people on your friend list and you don't care about most of them anyway, eventually you are going to notice!

I have actually had that most pleasant experience of pulling up my friends list and looking for someone I wanted to check in on and finding that I am no longer their "friend" although I see them almost every day at work and we talk as though we are "friends".  I have thought of several reasons why I may no longer be their friend, which include:
they think I'm too smart...they think I'm too funny...they think I'm too pretty... well you get the idea.

Any way I have just de-friended some people for my first time and the funny thing is it wasn't because they were too smart...too funny... or too pretty. NOPE it was because they had too much MONEY!

I know, I know... I should be ashamed, but honestly I don't think they live in the same world as me or the same reality for that matter so I'm seriously wondering what on Earth could we have in common. Honestly... NOTHING so when I got tired of reading about how they were in Florida and then in New York and then in Hawaii and all kinds of other wonderful places ...well you get the point.  I just decided contact with aliens is strictly prohibited. Whew... I feel sooo much better already!

So all you poor folk like me...and everyone else I didn't de-friend. I just have to say I LOVE YOU! thanks for being real ;-)

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious only because it is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never be accused of being too rich! Glad to know I'm safe! ;)

    ReplyDelete